Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's official

Not only am I a resident of the state of New Jersey, but now so is my Jeep. As of this morning, I transferred my registration/plates to New Jersey.

I didn't want to do it before my Michigan registration expired, because I'm certainly not going to pay for registration twice in one year.

Job front news - I went on an interview two weeks ago for a part-time adult education/GED position. I had a fantastic interview with the director. Yesterday, I got a phone call scheduling me for a second interview for a project coordinator position, supervising a portion of the adult education program. I was a bit shocked, and told the lady that called that I had interviewed for a different position. She said she was aware of that, and that the director recommended that I be put on the list for second interviews.

I'm a bit torn. On one hand, I'm rather proud that I impressed the director enough to be offered a very lucrative position. And, as my last day at the school I was teaching at was last Friday, I need a job. I've had a couple of interviews for teaching positions, but nothing's been offered yet. On the other hand, though, it's not a teaching position.

But, it's a good opportunity. So I go to the (second) interview on Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments: